Bonjourr is a new startpage for Firefox. Lightweight, beautiful, minimal, customizable and inspired by iOS, it has everything you could need for when you open a new tab. Be greeted by a minimal clock and weather widget, and strike a balance between serenity by looking at the beautiful backgrounds and productivity while controlling the Quick Links you want to see.
This article provides instructions to add Startpage to your Firefox browser on Windows or macOS. To do so, visit https://add.startpage.com and follow the onscreen instructions. You can also refer to our video instructions. Note: this links takes you to YouTube.com.
Or, for a more step-by-step explanation, please follow the instructions below. Note: If you don't see the Add to Firefox button, make sure to enable promotional messaging in Settings.
For Firefox Mobile (Android/iOS), please click here.
For Firefox Focus (Android/iOS), click here.
- Navigate to https://www.startpage.com and scroll to the bottom of the page. Click Add to Firefox.
- Click Yes, Install from the Firefox add-on store
- Click Add
- Click Yes
- Choose whether to allow the Startpage extension to run in Private Windows and click Okay, Got It to finish.
You will now be able to enter your search term directly in the URL bar or in the search box to the right. Hit Enter to perform your Startpage search.
- You can also use a custom setting for your Startpage default search. For more information about this, please click here.
Get all your daily dose of information right on the start page of your browser and forget about remembering all those websites you visit, and thousands of folders in your bookmark bar.' - by yevvie 'After years of searching for the best home page for productivity, this hits the mark. At Startpage we don’t collect or share your personal information. By installing our Firefox add-on, your default search engine will change to Startpage.com. All your search queries from this browser will go through Startpage.com and will be fully private.
Start Page (Startpage.com) is a homepage that claims to be “the world’s safest search engine” and right beside it we find a small logo saying “enhanced by Google”…hard to imagine when you see these two side by side on the same page. If you dig through a bit, Startpage states that it does not record any personal information (such as IP address) and that it does not send any information of this kind to third parties, including Google. As it is impossible to verify this claim, the user is obligated to believe their word.
The most shameful thing about Start Page is that it installs itself onto users’ browsers. In fact, Start Page is often “offered” with pre-marked checkboxes on certain free software…breezing through the installation process could cause you to install startpage.com on all your browsers on your PC. To be fair, Microsoft uses the same technique with Bing (notably when you install their products, as is the case with Skype, for example).
Do you want a good alternative to Google or Bing? A search engine that doesn’t spy on you? We suggest DuckDuckGo which doesn’t impose itself to internet users.
Mozilla Firefox Start Page GoogleYou should know that the page Start Page is considered as a parasite by Quttera.
How to remove StartPage ?
Remove StartPage with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner is a very useful tool developed to remove undesired toolbars, browser hijackers, redirects and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Opera. AdwCleaner will require no set up and can be ran in a instantaneous to examine your pc.
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop :
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool (Windows Vista/7/8 users : right-click and select Run As Administrator).
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
Reset your browser (if necessary)
If you still see traces of StartPage after following all the steps above you can reset your browser performing this operation:
How To Change Start Page Firefox
- Open Chrome.
- Click on the three stripes button in the right top corner.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page, search for Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down once again to the end of the page and click Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset once more.
- Open Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button.
- Click on Help then Troubleshooting information.
- Click the Repair Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Firefox will automatically restart.
- Download ResetBrowser :
- Download the tool, save it on your desktop and double-click on it.
- Read the disclaimer and press the Ok button.
- Click the Reset Chrome button and wait.
- Once the process is finished, click onOpen Chrome StartPage should now be deleted from Firefox.
Reset default homepage (if necessary)
- Open Google Chrome then go to the three stripes in the right top corner
- Select Settings
- Go to the header: On Startup
- Click on the blue link: Set Pages behind Open a specific page or set of pages
- Remove the actual homepage by clicking the X icon.
- Enter a new homepage of your choice in textbox 'Enter Url..'
- Go to the header: Search
- Click on the button: Manage search engines
- Select Google.com from the list, hover over it and click blue button Make Defaults
- Hover over StartPage and click the X to remove it from the list.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and at the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, then select Options
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice and click on OK.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon , in the upper right part of your browser, then click again on Internet Options..
- Click on the General tab.
- Replace the homepage with one of your choice, for example: google.com
Click here to go to our support page.