Several mobile apps, including Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Sophos Authenticator etc, are basically a simple application that. Sophos Authenticator is a simple and intuitive application that provides multi-factor authentication on your mobile device. Sophos Authenticator is a simple and intuitive application that provides multi-factor authentication on your mobile device. It generates both time-based and event-based one-time passwords (OTP.
You use Authenticator to generate one-time passwords (also called verification codes) to sign in to your accounts that use multi-factor authentication.
Sophos Authenticator Application
Check with your account provider if multi-factor authentication is supported and how to enable it for your account.
Authenticator supports time-based and counter-based one-time passwords. See About one-time passwords.
- Sophos Transparent Authentication Suite (STAS) Sophos Transparent Authentication Suite enhances Sophos UTM 9 and XG Firewall, adding user authentication without the need to install an additional client on users' workstations.
- On your mobile phone, download and install “Sophos Authenticator” from the Apple Apps store or Google Play store depending on whether you are using.
To start Authenticator, touch and hold the Sophos icon and then tap Authenticator.
- For time-based passwords, Authenticator shows the currently valid one-time password together with an animated icon that depicts the remaining time until the code becomes invalid and the next code is calculated.
- For counter-based passwords, tap Refresh next to the account item to generate a new one-time password. To prevent you from accidentally generating multiple codes in a row, there is a latency of a few seconds after each generation before you can generate the next code.
- To copy the current one-time password for an account to the clipboard, tap and hold the account item and then tap Copy.
- To edit the account details, tap and hold the account item and then tap Edit. For security reasons, you cannot display or edit the secret key.
- To delete an account, tap and hold the account item and then tap Delete.
Sophos Authenticator App
Before you delete an entry, ensure that you either have an alternative mechanism for generating one-time passwords, or an alternative mechanism to sign in to your account without multi-factor authentication.