Share password entries and secure notes with other LastPass users by creating a shared folder in the Sharing Center. Alternatively you can convert an existing folder to a shared folder as well. Depending on your LastPass account type your ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited. We often need to share passwords, whether it's giving a partner secure access to a joint banking account or giving a colleague a login for a shared work tool. Share password entries and secure notes with other LastPass users by creating a shared folder in the Sharing Center. Alternatively you can convert an existing folder to a shared folder as well. Depending on your LastPass account type your ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited. Create a Shared LastPass Folder; Add Users to a Shared LastPass Folder; We have also created a method where CornellAD groups can be used to maintain synchronized membership in Shared LastPass Folders. The benefit is that membership is kept up-to-date (provided the CornellAD group is kept up-to-date).© Shutterstock You can share passwords with others via LastPass with a few clicks. Shutterstock
Lastpass Shared Folder
- You can easily share a password via LastPass with others without worrying about cyber security issues in the process.
- With LastPass, for example, you can share your account information for streaming services such as Netflix and HBO Go in a few easy steps.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Although companies are cracking down, we all know that sharing account information for streaming services like Netflix and HBO Go is quite common.
If you abide by proper cyber security practices, you should be using a different password for each of your accounts — you probably don't want your friends to know your online banking login information.
However, that can make it a tad difficult when it's time to scrounge up the needed password to share with a friend or family member.
Fortunately, LastPass has an elegant solution: Not only will the password manager store and encrypt your plethora of passwords, LastPass makes it easy to share a password between one another.
Here are the three simple steps required to share a password via LastPass.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $469.99 at Walmart)
How to share a password via LastPass
1. Access your vault on LastPass.com, or open the app on a Mac or PC.© Emma Witman/Business Insider The interface for the LastPass web version and LastPass app version are virtually indistinguishable, making it easy to float between using either. Emma Witman/Business Insider
2.Free online image editor. Hover over the program whose password you want to share, and click the overlapping portraits icon.© Emma Witman/Business Insider Netflix accounts are commonly split between families and roommates, and LastPass makes it easy to share an updated account password. Emma Witman/Business Insider
3. Enter their email and click 'Share.'© Emma Witman/Business Insider Enter the email of the recipient and click 'Share.' Emma Witman/Business Insider
Lastpass Shared Folder Disappears
Have the recipient check their email. They'll click 'Accept Shared Data' in the email from LastPass, and will be granted access to the shared password after logging in to their LastPass account, or creating one if they aren't account holders yet.