- This is an Apple iOS 14.2 review to help you decide whether to update now.
This week, Apple released iOS 14.2 with a number of new features. Best macos torrent. The new features include over 100 new emoji along with wallpapers and HomePod Intercom support. Plus the update also includes a number of bug fixes.
Most recently, Apple added Shazam to Control Center in iOS 14.2, offering quick access to the tool from anywhere in the operating system. Shazam is a free download from the App Store. Apple's latest iOS 14.2 beta adds a built-in control for Shazam Music recognition of internal or external audio with Shazam is a tap away in iOS 14.
Over New Emoji
There are more than 100 new emoji in iOS 14.2. The new Emoji 13 characters include pinched fingers, a ninja, a man or woman in a tuxedo with various skin tones, a man or woman with a veil with various skin tones, a man or woman feeding a baby with skin tones, a black cat, a bison, a beaver, a cockroach, blueberries, a bell pepper, fondue, bubble tea, a piñata, an accordion, a plunger, a bucket, a toothbrush, and a transgender flag.
📲 Every new emoji in iOS 14.2 https://t.co/qMqdhe4Kffpic.twitter.com/X14PbaFMat
— Emojipedia (@Emojipedia) November 5, 2020
Intercom Feature For HomePod
HomePod users will gain the ability to broadcast a message to their households through HomePod speakers or with the iPhone, iPad, AirPods, Apple Watch, and CarPlay. The Intercom feature can be activated after saying “Hey Siri, Intercom.” For those of you who have an Apple TV 4K, you can utilize the HomePod for surround sound.
In September 2018, Apple acquired the Shazam music discovery service. And the iOS 14.2 release also features the first major integration with Shazam. Now you can identify songs using Shazam using a shortcut added into the Control Center. This builds on Siri’s integration with Siri.
New AirPlay 2 Controls
There are new AirPlay 2 controls for media playback. This can be accessed from the lock screen or the Control Center. The new controls include larger cover art and the ability to control audio streaming to other devices in your home.
Siri Offers Daily Briefings
There is a new feature built into Siri, which is called the Personal Update. If you have an Alexa device, then you may be familiar with the daily briefing feature. You can activate this feature by asking Siri: “What’s my update?” The update includes details about the weather, calendar events, travel times for your meetings, reminders, regional news, etc.
Apple also added 8 new wallpapers in iOS 14.2. These new wallpapers have light and dark versions:
New #Apple iOS 14.2 wallpapers are fire 🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/3HvTp7NntI
— Moe 👨🏾💻📱🦾💻🖥🔋 (@Moe_TechFlow) November 5, 2020
Optimized Battery Charging For AirPods
With iOS 14.2, AirPods now have optimized battery charging features. This update slows down the rate that batteries in AirPods age.
The iOS 14.2 update also has several bug fixes. For example, the iOS 14.2 update fixes the “black camera viewfinder” bug that some users have been experiencing. And a bug has been fixed that involves missed keyboard touches on the lock screen after trying to input the passcode.
Another fix has been made where Apple Cash was not sending or receiving money through Siri commands. And another bug was fixed involving GPS routes from workouts not synchronizing between the iPhone and Apple Watch.
Apple iOS 14.2 also fixes issues that cause Reminders to default to times in the past. Plus it fixes issues that involve the Photos widget from displaying content and the Weather widget could display the high temperature in Celsius when set to Fahrenheit.
iOS 14.2 fixes issues with apps being out of order on the Home Screen dock and the next-hour precipitation chart description in Weather incorrectly indicating when precipitation stops. It also prevents voice memos recordings being interrupted by incoming calls. And it fixes an issue where the screen blacks out during Netflix video playback.
Updating To iOS 14.2
You can update to iOS 14.2 by going to the iOS and iPadOS update by going to the Settings app > General > Software Update.
iOS 14.2 Release Notes
iOS 14.2 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:
- Over 100 new emoji, including animals, food, faces, household objects, musical instruments, gender-inclusive emoji, and more
- Eight new wallpapers in both light and dark mode versions
- Magnifier can detect people nearby, and report their distance using the LiDAR sensor included in iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Support for iPhone 12 Leather Sleeve with MagSafe
- Optimized battery charging for AirPods to slow the rate of battery aging by reducing the time your AirPods spends fully charged
- Headphone audio level notifications to alert you when audio level could impact your hearing
- New AirPlay controls to stream entertainment throughout your home
- Intercom support with HomePod and HomePod mini using iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods, and CarPlay
- Ability to connect HomePod to Apple TV 4K for stereo, surround sound, and Dolby Atmos audio
- Option to provide statistics about Exposure Notifications, without identifying you, to participating Public Health Authorities
This release also fixes the following issues:
- Apps could be out of order on the Home Screen dock
- Camera viewfinder may appear black when launched
- The keyboard on the Lock Screen could miss touches when trying to enter the passcode
- Reminders could default to times in the past
- Photos widget may not display content
- Weather widget could display the high temperature in Celsius when set to Fahrenheit
- Next-hour precipitation chart description in Weather could incorrectly indicate when precipitation stops
- Voice Memos recordings are interrupted by incoming calls
- The screen could be black during Netflix video playback
- Apple Cash could fail to send or receive money when asked via Siri
- Apple Watch app may unexpectedly close when opened
- Workout GPS routes or Health data are prevented from syncing between Apple Watch and iPhone for some users
- Audio is incorrectly labeled as “Not Playing” in the CarPlay Dashboard
- Devices could be prevented from charging wirelessly
- Exposure Notifications is disabled when restoring iPhone from iCloud Backup or transferring data to a new iPhone using iPhone Migration
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
Apple iOS 14.2 Review
Should you upgrade to Apple iOS 14.2? Personally, I plan to update to iOS 14.2 primarily for the new emoji since I often use emoji in my text messages. I also have a pair of AirPods so the optimized battery charging feature should be useful. But if you have been experiencing any of the bugs mentioned above, I would highly recommend updating sooner than later.
Apple Ios 14.2 Shazam
So far, the iOS 14.2 update has not been causing any notable bugs or major issues for users. But this article will be updated if I hear anything.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- NIO Stock: $70 Target By Deutsche Bank
- LAZR Stock: 4.14% Decrease Explanation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Buying PPD In $17.4 Billion Deal
- NIO Stock Price Increased Over 2.5% Pre-Market: Why It Happened
Christian Zibreg, iDownloadMac:
Apple-owned Shazam is the most popular music-identification service in the world. Starting with iOS 14.2, your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch can identify music playing around you or in apps via Shazam-powered music recognition available from the Control Center.
In a nutshell, if you’ve got the iOS or iPadOS 14.2 beta installed:
- Go to Settings > Control Center
- Tap the green + to add Music Recognition to Included Controls
Do that, and you’ll see the Shazam icon in Control Center. Tap it, it’ll do its thing.
Ios 14.2 Shazam Updates
Me, I ask Siri:
Ios 14.2 Shazam
“What song is this?”
Shazam In Ios 14.2
Both seem to work equally well. I’m guessing they fire up the same exact bit of code. The Control Center approach is much more subtle if you’re in a room with others. Good to have both.