- How To Sync Iphone Contacts To Gmail Contacts
- Syncing Iphone To Gmail Account
- Getting Iphone Contacts To Gmail
Since long I had been using Android based smartphones and thus all my data has been getting stored in various Google services. All my phonebook contacts were also stored in Google Contacts. When I began to use iPhone, I still wanted all my phonebook to stay updated in Google Contacts. For this, I needed to sync my iPhone Contacts with Google Contacts. Syncing helps in downloading phone numbers from Google account into any of your new phone. You can buy any phone and you can download all your contacts into it.
Syncing Google Contacts with iPhone (or iPhone contacts with Google) is a process in which new contacts will be uploaded into your Google account and old contacts will be downloaded into your iPhone. Thus both your iPhone and Google Contacts will have all your contacts.
- Open your iPhone or iPad's Settings app. Tap Accounts & Passwords Add Account Google. Enter your email and password.
- Jun 30, 2020 Go to Settings on your iPhone, get into Accounts & Passwords section and tap on Gmail. Now, enable Contacts Sync for your Gmail account by moving the slider. Once you’re done, you need to get into device’s settings again. Now, go to Contacts settings and notice that the Default Account is set to iCloud.
- The third method allows you to transfer iPhone Contacts, without adding your Gmail Account to iPhone. Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail. If you already have a Gmail Account on iPhone, you can simply enable the option to Sync Contacts to Gmail on your iPhone. Open Settings scroll down and tap on Password & Accounts. On the next screen.
How to Sync iPhone with Google Contacts
Now your iPhone Contacts app will sync with your Gmail / Google Contacts. But syncing will happen only when you will open the Contacts app in your iPhone. So, after following the above mentioned steps, you should open the Contacts app in iPhone. When you will do so, you will notice that your mobile data transfer icon will begin to spin.
Syncing iPhone is an easy process but often people find it confusing. Below we are giving the exact steps to sync iPhone contacts with Google:
- Open Settings in your iPhone
- Go to Contacts > Accounts
- Now go to Add Account > Google
- You will be asked to log into your Google account. If you’re using 2-step verification, you will receive a code on your mobile phone as usual. Sign into Google.
- Now your iOS (i.e. the operating system in your iPhone) will connect with Google and Google will seek your permission to allow iOS to access and manage your mail, contacts etc. Tap on Accept to allow.
- You will see what all items from your Gmail could be accessed on your iPhone. Make sure Contacts toggle is set to ON (i.e. it should be green)
How To Sync Iphone Contacts To Gmail Contacts
Now your iPhone Contacts app will sync with your Gmail / Google Contacts. But syncing will happen only when you will open the Contacts app in your iPhone. So, after following the above mentioned steps, you should open the Contacts app in iPhone. When you will do so, you will notice that your mobile data transfer icon will begin to spin. Lol universe fizz. This means that the iPhone is transferring data to and from Google Contacts. You should keep the Contacts app open as long as the spinner shows data transfer. This will ensure that all your contacts are synced.
Afterwards too, whenever you will open Contacts app, iPhone will check if there is a newly added contact in your iPhone. If there would be new contacts, syncing will again take place.
Syncing Iphone To Gmail Account
Existing iPhone Contacts are not Syncing with Google Account
Before setting up your iPhone to sync with Google account, if you already had Contacts in your iPhone, they may not get synced with Google. Only those contacts will be synced which will be added after sync is setup. To get around this problem you will have to export iPhone contacts and import them manually into Google account. We have published an article on exporting iPhone Contacts and import them into Google.
Getting Iphone Contacts To Gmail
We hope that this article was helpful for you. Should you have any question on this topic, please feel free to ask in the comments section. Our reader community and we at TechWelkin will try to assist you. Thank you for using TechWelkin!