Dec 21, 2020 • Filed to: Windows Computer Solutions • Proven solutions
The cache memory in our system can sometimes give away a lot of details about us. Also, it can consume a significant amount of our system's RAM and affect its processing as well. Therefore, users are always recommended to clear memory cache regularly. If you are using a Windows 7 system and would like to clear cache memory on it, then you have come to the right place. In this post, we will let you know how to clear memory cache in Windows 7 permanently without facing any trouble. Let's get it started!
Just like every other operating system, Windows 7 also accumulates your most frequently or recently used data in its cache. This data can sometimes get accumulated and end up taking a lot of space on your system. It can even affect the processing speed of your system as well by occupying a large chunk of its RAM. Therefore, it is highly recommended to clear memory cache in Windows 7.
Open Start menu and choose Settings. On the Settings menu, tap on System. Tap on Apps & features on the left side menu. Tap on the application and choose Uninstall option. In general, you have three different options for clearing your RAM manually: Empty the working memory via the task manager of your system Write a script that releases used memory Use an external tool that has a function for emptying RAM memory. From the Start screen, type cleanmgr to open the Search charm. Select cleanmgr from the search results. The Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection window opens. Select the drive you want to clean up from the drop-down menu, and click OK. Note: If it’s been fewer than 10 days since you upgraded to Windows 10, your previous version of Windows will be listed as a system file you can delete.If you need to free up drive space, you can delete it, but keep in mind that you'll be deleting your Windows.old folder, which contains files that give you the option to go back to your previous version of Windows.
This Video is about to Clear Ram in Laptop and PC based Windows System such as Dell and Hp laptop.This Process of Cleaning Ram is same for every laptop whet.
While you can always clear cache memory using the Windows native interface, it won't give you the desired results. This data can later be recovered by someone. If you don't want to compromise your privacy, then we recommend taking the assistance of a third-party tool to clear memory cache permanently. We have discussed both of these options in this guide.
If you would like to know how to clear cache and cookies in Safari on Windows, please refer to this guide: how to clear cache and cookies in Safari.
Files on your computer can also be deleted completely. Check out the page to learn how to permanently delete files from Windows and Mac.
Part 1: How to Clear Memory Cache on Windows 7
To start with, you can simply take the assistance of the Windows 7 native interface to clear memory cache on your system. It is a freely available solution and won't consume a lot of time or effort as well. To clear cache memory in Windows 7, you can simply follow these steps:
1. Firstly, go to the desktop on your system and right-click anywhere you want. This will provide a list of various options.
2. Now, select the 'New' option and choose to create a new shortcut.
3. The system will launch a wizard to create a shortcut. Firstly, it will ask you to provide the location of the item for which you wish to create a shortcut on the desktop.
4. Instead of clicking on the 'Browse' button, you need to manually provide the location as '%windir%system32rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks'.
5. You can simply copy and paste the location to make sure that you won't make any mistakes.
6. Click on the 'Next' button and provide a name to the shortcut. For your convenience, you can give any relevant name to the shortcut.
7. Once the shortcut is created, you can double-click it to open it. It won't do anything evident to the system but will clear its cache automatically.
The best part about this shortcut is that you can use it anytime you want. Simply launch the shortcut and it will clear the cache on your Windows system. Nevertheless, this won't be a permanent solution. Your Windows cache won't be deleted permanently from your system and can later be recovered. To know how to clear memory cache in Windows 7 forever, go through the next section. From the depths download for mac.
Part 2: How to Completely Delete Windows Cache Files
Stellar BitRaser for the file is a highly efficient and reliable tool that can be used to get rid of any kind of content from your system permanently. It provides a one-click solution to clear the memory cache from your computer or any other system traces and files. It can also be used to wipe an entire disk, delete Internet activities, remove applications, and perform other various tasks. While doing so, it won't harm your system in any way and delete your data without any scope of further recovery. The following are some of its major features.
- The tool can be used to clear cache memory, Windows update, dumped files, and system traces of several kinds permanently.
- It can also delete files and folders of all sorts without any recovery scope.
- Besides that, BitRaser can also remove applications, Internet activities, logs, and more.
- It can also be used to perform a scheduled and automatic deletion of data.
- To provide an added assurance, it generates an erase certificate in the end as well.
- The tool features different kinds of sophisticated and advanced algorithms.
- It supports all the leading versions of Windows.
Step 1: Download Stellar BitRaser for the file on your Windows 7 computer and launch it.
Step 2: Click on the 'System Traces' option to clear cache memory or any other kind of system data.
Step 3: This will provide an in-depth list of various system traces. To clear memory cache, make appropriate selections and click on the 'Erase Now' button.
Step 4: You might have to wait for a while as BitRaser will delete all the selected content from your system.
Step 5: Click on the 'Yes' button to restart your system. This is a crucial step and it is recommended that you should restart your system, in the end, to complete the process successfully.
If you want, then you can follow the same steps to perform multiple passes. Even though your data would be deleted after a single pass, you can get added assurance with multiple (ideally three) passes.
By following these steps, you would be able to clear memory cache in Windows 7 without any trouble. Take the assistance of Windows 7 to clear cache memory from your system without any scope of recovery. It is a highly advanced tool and will certainly make your life a whole lot easier!
- Win System Crash
- Windows Tips
- Computer Problems
- Blue Screen Errors
Why RAM slow down your PC?
How we know RAM is slowing down our PC?
- Applications running slow: This is the first clue you get once you see the application running slow when you start.
- Application crash: Sometimes applications are not performing according to what they perform and showing erratic behaviour.
- Warnings: There are warnings when you open application,
pop-upbox appears showing Not enough RAM, either extend or delete data. It means your RAM is full and you have to remove data from it or manage it.
Let us start how you can easily speed up your PC by cleaning your RAM from Windows PC.
Clean Windows PC RAM and Speed up Performance
There are many ways for clearing your Windows PC RAM, here we are suggesting you some of the best ways.
1.End unnecessary running programmes
There are many apps that are unnecessary running and consume
- Open Task Manager with Ctrl + Alt + Del keys.
- Go to Task Manager, open Processes tab and the list displaying all your running tasks.
- Here you see the usage according to CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network. Choose the tasks consuming high CPU percentage and click End Task.
You can select many tasks that are unnecessary running and after this, your CPU consumption becomes less and definitely the performance of your computer improves.
2. Uninstall the Apps/ Programmes
- Open Start menu and choose Settings.
- On the Settings menu, tap on System.
- Tap on Apps & features on the left side menu.
- Tap on the application and choose Uninstall option.
You can uninstall as many applications as you want. And the storage capacity increases and ultimately RAM which improves your PC speed.
3. Uninstall browser extensions
Extensions on your browser always help in performing your work efficiently but unnecessary extensions put a huge load on RAM and thus making your browser functions slow. Uninstall all the useless extensions and we have seprate topic for the best extensions that you must have in all different categories. Please check it out and only install those which really helps your daily routine work.
4. Close Unnessary applications
When you start your computer, many applications/ programmes automatically opened and start running. Close all the programmes. This will definitely improve your PC performance and quick loading in computer startup.
To disable automatic start up of programme follow below steps.
- Press Win+r and type below command in the field and press Enter key.
- Right-click on the programme that to don’t need to launch and select Delete option.
5. Use RAM cleaning software
- Download CleanMyPC and install it on your PC.
- Launch it after successful installation.
- Tap on Extensions check out the unnecessary extensions and remove them.
- Also, go to Autorun to check the applications or programmes running automatically on startup of your computer. Disable them from the button.
Recommended: CleanMyPC Latest Review
You can also clear all your cache, duplicate files that
How To Clear Up Ram On Laptop
For the readers who are looking for free alternatives, EaseUS Partition Master is a good choice. This software helps to remove useless programmes from PC in
How To Clear Ram Space
You may also like:
You can follow us for more technical stuff on Facebook, Twitter or Google+