When you unbox your smartphone, it’s so shiny and new, a blank slate just waiting for you to customize to your needs. It doesn’t take long for it to collect apps and data, however, and soon, your battery slows down, apps start crashing and storage runs low.
But don’t start shopping for a new phone again just yet. By following the tips below, you can declutter your Android or iOS device to help it run more smoothly and efficiently.
Uninstall Unused Apps
The average smartphone user has 60-90 apps installed but only uses about 30 every month (and nine per day). The chances are good that you have at least a handful of apps you rarely put to use. Getting rid of the unnecessary apps will not only declutter your phone’s appearance but might help it run better and could even allow your battery to last longer between charges.
To download more apps and media, or help your phone run better, you can clear space on your phone. Storage is where you keep data, like music and photos. Memory is where you run programs, like apps and the Android system. Important: Some of these steps work only on Android 9 and up. Learn how to check your Android version. Feb 06, 2019 Go to Settings Photos Optimize iPhone Storage. Now, when your device starts to run low on storage, it will automatically offload your full resolution images to iCloud while saving a much.
Although phone settings vary, you can generally view and remove apps from the Settings menu.
On an Android phone, go to Settings and select Apps. Choose the first app you want to remove and select Uninstall. Tap OK to confirm that you wish to uninstall the app from your phone. Repeat the steps to remove any other unwanted apps from your device.
On an iPhone, launch Settings, choose General and select Storage. Choose the first app you want to remove and select Delete App. Tap Delete to confirm that you wish to uninstall the app from your phone. Repeat the steps to remove any unwanted apps from your device.
Choose Pics To Save
Go through pictures and videos on your phone to decide which ones are worth keeping. Delete those that you don’t want and send the ones you do want to the cloud, storing them on a service such as Google Photos, iCloud or Dropbox. Depending on how many photos you have on your phone, this one could take some time, so you might want to work on it whenever you have a few minutes to spare.
Clear The Cache
Cached data can save time and data when opening a website or using an app, but it also takes up space on your device. Clearing it can free up resources on your phone.
On an Android phone, you can clear the cache on individual apps from the Settings menu. Alternatively, clear the cache for all apps by opening Settings, select Storage (or Storage & Memory), choose Cached Data and tap OK to confirm you want to clear the cache on your device.
The steps to clear cached data on iPhones vary between apps, but one approach is to open Settings, select an app and choose Reset Cache or a similar option.
You might not even realize how many old text messages are just sitting on your phone, eating up space. Check your messaging app to discover how many you don’t want or need and delete them. It’s also a good idea to trash other types of messages stored on your phone, such as emails or visual voicemail messages.
When you open a file through a browser, a link in an email or other files you receive on your phone, they are downloaded to your device. You likely no longer need the PDF of an amusement park map you downloaded last summer, and deleting these files is an effective way to clean up your phone.
On an Android phone, find an app called Files or My Files. Browse the file categories to find and delete any you don’t need to keep.
On an iPhone, you can typically delete downloaded web files using Safari. Go to Settings, choose Safari, tap Downloads and select Remove Download List Items.
Clean Up Contacts
Your address book might be filled with names and numbers you don’t even recognize. If you have duplicates, unwanted information from syncing your email account, or other entries you no longer need, deleting them is beneficial. Just open your address book and select the edit button on the contact you want to remove. Tap Delete and move on to the next one.
Once you have successfully cleaned up your phone on the inside, you might be motivated to clean the outside of it, as well!
Updated: January 1, 2021 Home » Smartphone and Mobile » Google Android
Have you ever encounter the following warning from your Google Android Smartphone – Android storage space running out? This means you don’t have enough space to take more pictures or install apps. There are a few tips to clear your Android’s internal storage, they are – upload all of your photos to the cloud or upgrade your MicroSD Card (If it comes with one).
Related 2021 Article ➤ 8 Best Cloud Apps For Android – Online Photo Backup And Storage
The other method to fix storage space running out problem on Android is to clean the device of junk files. This can be done by factory restore the smartphone or use an App to clean up unwanted junks. Here are 4 of the best free apps when it comes to finding, cleaning and deleting junk files. Works great on Android 8.0 Oreo / Android 9.0 [ Popsicle, Pancakes or Pie ] smartphones such as Samsung Galaxy, Huawei Mate, Oppo, Vivo, XiaoMi, and Nokia.
↓ 01 – Norton Clean [ Memory Optimizer ] 10K Million Downloads 4.6/5 Stars
Clean residual cache system files left by uninstalled apps to free up Android phone or tablet disk space. Analyze and safely remove the junk files that take up your memory and storage space. Delete cache and residual files to free up phone, tablet and SD card storage space. The junk-creating behavior of millions of apps has been analyzed so that Norton Clean can intelligently and efficiently hone in on its targets (cache and residual files) with amazing accuracy. Clean cache for individual apps, receive recommendations for removal of rarely used apps and move 1apps to your SD memory card. Reclaim storage space on your Android phone or tablet by cleaning junk, removing residual files and optimizing device memory.
- Clean system cache
- Identify and remove junk, APK, and risidual files
- Optimize memory space
- Manage apps and get rid of bloatware
- Removes data from ads
↓ 02 – Clean Master [ Booster ] 3.6 Million Downloads 4.7/5 Stars
The most trusted and safe Android optimizer, junk file cleaner, speed booster, battery saver and free anti-virus app with over 740 million mobiles. Clean Master (Boost&Applock) helps accelerate Ram and clean up junk and cache files! Clean Master(Boost*Applock) also provides real-time protection with the #1 antivirus engine, and secures private data with app-lock function.
- Junk File Cleaning – The junk-creating behavior of millions of apps has been analyzed so that Clean Master can efficiently hone in on its targets (cache and residual files) with perfect accuracy. Delete cache and residual files to reclaim storage, boost speed and improve the performance of your device and SD card.
- Memory Boost – Boost your games and apps, free up memory (RAM), speed up your device and save more battery. Our 1 Tap Boost and Game Boost features make it easy to optimize directly from your home screen.
- Game Booster – Automatically improve your game speeds by 30%+ when launching games.
↓ 03 – Power Clean [ Optimize Cleaner ] 1.3 Million Downloads 4.6/5 Stars
Is your Android device performance slowing down? Do unwanted Apps and redundant files occupy your mobile device’s storage space? Power Clean, the fast and powerful cleaner that helps you to free up storage, clean up memory, stop autostart Apps, remove or disable unnecessary Apps, know your device, optimize and speed up it. Just one click, you’ll be the Optimize Master of Android.
Power Clean is a small, fast, and smart Android device cleaner and performance booster featuring a junk cleaner, memory booster, device optimizer, app manager. With this app you can free up storage, boost RAM, remove or disable unnecessary Apps, lock apps, boost games and get your device running like new again.
- Junk Clean – Free up storage and optimize performance by removing old junk files and clutter such as system cache, residual file, cleaning out the download folder, and more.
- Memory Boost – Clean up memory (RAM) and optimize phone speed by removing redundant background tasks. Stop auto-start Apps to increase boot speed and reduce memory usage. 1-tap memory cleaner and booster widget makes it easy to clean your phone directly from the homescreen.
- Game Boost – Boost your game speed up to 80%+, say bye-bye to lagging!
- Duplicate Photos – Scan all the similar photos, find out the best one automatically and remove the duplicate photos to release more storage.
↓ 04 – CCleaner 660K Downloads 4.4/5 Stars
Keep your Android clean, safe and fast using CCleaner! Piriform, the makers of the world’s most popular PC and Mac cleaning software bring you CCleaner for Android. Remove junk, reclaim space, monitor your system and browse safely. Become the Master of your own device with the ultimate cleaning app for your Android!
Optimize and Clean
- Speed up your phone and remove junk safely
- Clean application cache, download folders, browser history, clipboard content and more
- Delete call logs and SMS messages individually, in bulk, by age or by contact
Reclaim Storage Space
- Streamline your Android smartphone or tablet
- Quickly and easily uninstall multiple unwanted applications
- Free up valuable storage space on your device
↓ 05 – Avast Cleanup & Boost 455K Downloads 4.5/5 Stars
How To Clean My Phone Storage
Free up space you didn’t know you had. Avast Cleanup is a highly effective cache and junk cleaner app for Android. Remove leftover files and unused apps with a simple tap, for a faster, more powerful phone. Avast Cleanup optimizes your phone’s performance and boosts its speed by removing unused junk from your mobile. No freezing, no lagging, no impatient sighs – just more space for the things you really want, like your favorite photos, videos, music, apps and more.
- Remove Junk: Avast Cleanup quickly analyzes storage space on your phone and clears all unnecessary data.
- The smart Safe Clean feature instantly cleans up unimportant data, system caches, gallery thumbnails, installation files, residual or unused files, and APKs. With just one tap, you can easily delete accumulated data that has no purpose.
- The Advanced Cleaning option gives you a detailed overview of all the data on your phone.
- Uninstall applications in one tap to free up space.
- The Cleaner identifies and clears the biggest files, media, and apps on your device.
- Use the Ignore List to mark items on your device that you don’t want to be listed.
- Master your storage situation by optimizing your Android device and boost its speed.