If you’re an avid Android app user, you’ll definitely reach the point of no more storage space. And if you have, the last thing you want to do is start deleting apps that you use all the time.
- How Do I Free Up Storage Space On My Android
- How Can I Free Up Storage Space On My Android Phone To My
- How To Clear Space On Android Phone
- Add Storage To Android Phone
- How Can I Free Up Storage Space On My Android Phone Online
- How Can I Free Up Storage Space On My Android Phone Without
- How Can I Free Up Storage Space On My Android Phone
Fortunately, Android has built-in settings that allow you to free up storage space on your phone without deleting the apps you use or losing valuable pictures & videos. Here are three helpful tips to manage your phone’s storage:
1. Check to see which apps and files are taking up the most space.
Here’s how to find out much storage space apps and files are using:
- Go to Settings>Storage to see how much storage is available. There, you’ll see a list of how much storage is available. You’ll also see a list of types of storage (apps, audio & video, photos, etc.) and how much space each type is using on your phone.
- On that list, tap Downloads to see the files you’ve downloaded. You can select the files you want to delete and choose the Delete icon at the top to get rid of these files.
- To find out how much space apps are using, go back to the Storage menu and tap They appear in order of how much space the app takes up, with the ones using the most space on the top. To save space, try these options:
- Clear Cache: A phone’s cache stores files so a website or app loads more quickly. By clearing the cache, you can free up space on your phone.
- Clear Data: Clearing data can give you more space on your phone, but be carefully it will wipe out your settings, login info, game progress, etc. Some apps (like Facebook & Twitter) are automatically backed up online, so once you log in, all your information and settings will be saved.
When your phone’s internal storage starts to get full, it can be frustrating. Things slow down, apps won’t install, and in some cases, you can’t even download anything. Fortunately, Samsung has a built-in way to help users see detailed information about what is taking up space, and also provides a simple way of deleting unwanted items.
2. Copy photos and videos from your phone to a computer or to the cloud.
To free up space on your phone, you can copy pictures and videos to a computer or laptop. Another benefit of doing this is that you’ll have a backup of your photos if you lose your phone or it breaks. After making copies, you can delete them from your phone.
Back them up to your computer:
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Once your phone is plugged in, you’ll see a pop-up showing your phone’s folders.
- Navigate to the folder that contains your images (Usually it’s called the DCIM folder) and open it.
- Click & drag each image to transfer it to your computer.
Open Google Photos. It’s the multicolored pinwheel icon typically found in the app drawer or on the home screen. Clearing photos from your phone or tablet that have already been backed up to your Google Photos account is a great way to free up storage space. Use ‘Clean up’ option on your device. Almost all Android devices these days give you an option to. Phone wants me to free up space but there's nothing left to delete: Android phone can't recapture space on sd card: LG Aristro Phone having storage space issue, any way to save it? Want space on my htc phone: I have a memory card but my phone keeps saying no space and I formatted my SD card to internal storage and the only thing left. News of a kidnapping pdf free download 64 bit. Furthermore, streaming services can often glitch out and fail to delete cache files which can also clog up the storage space on your Android device. Google gives you the option to backup your mobile data to the cloud in Google drive. There are also other services that allow you to do the same with attractive pricing options.
Or even easier:
- Use an app like Google Photos to back up your photos to the cloud so you can delete them from your phone.
- After backing up photos using Google Photos, go to the app’s menu and choose Free up space. Google Photos will find the photos that are already backed up and ask if you want to remove them from your phone.
3. Adjust the settings in your camera app so your pictures and videos are smaller in file size.
Your camera app should have settings for the size of your pictures and videos. Open your camera app and tap the settings icon in the upper left. There, you can adjust the following settings to save space on your phone:
- Picture Size: You can choose either a smaller or higher megapixel setting. While a higher megapixel gives you a sharper picture, it also takes up more space.
- Video Quality: Most camera apps let you choose the image quality. The higher resolution you choose, the more space the files take up. Plus, video files are much larger than pictures, so be careful to not take long videos.
Use these tips to free up space on your Android phone so you can keep using it for the things you need.
Don’t have a smartphone? You may qualify for a free smartphone with free monthly service so you’re available for your kids at any time, from Q Link Wireless. Signing up is fast and easy. You’ll qualify if you receive:
- Food stamps (SNAP/EBT)
- Social Security (SSI)
- Section 8
- VA Pension or Survivors Pension
- Low income.
Click here to sign up and get 3 Gigs of Data, plus UNLIMITED talk & text. Q Link Wireless is the nation;s fastest growing provider of the Federal Lifeline Assistance program.
To receive FREE phone service, you first must be approved through the National Verifier. You can bring your own phone and keep your number to experience our 5G network coverage. We will ship you a FREE SIM Card Kit so you can get UNLIMITED talk & text if you already participate in government programs such as SNAP and Medicaid. Once approved, you can begin the phone activation process to receive FREE phone service online.
We’ve all experienced that moment of dread: You’re about to capture a video of your dog or cat doing something especially cute or hilarious. But then, the pop-up of doom: you’re out of space on your phone.
You might have lost that moment, but there are plenty of ways to free up space on your Android phone to keep something like that from happening again. Good storage management is important for making sure you’ve always got the space you need, when you need it.
Here’s how to keep track of the applications that are hogging up precious space on your Android phone, make room for new apps, photos and other content, and even add more storage to your device.
Freeing up space
By navigating to your Android device’s Settings app and clicking on the Storage option, you’ll be able to look at an at-a-glance view of your storage. Up top, you’ll see how much of your phone’s total storage you’re using, followed by a breakdown of different categories that use up space on your phone. For me, it’s Photos & videos that take up the most space, followed by Music & audio. If you download a lot of mobile games or movies, your readout will look different.
Under the amount of space used there should be a button labeled Free up space. This is an automated way to clear out unwanted junk from your phone, chosen by category, including Backed up photos & videos, Downloads, and Infrequently used apps.
How Do I Free Up Storage Space On My Android
You can choose from the categories individually by checking the empty box on the right-hand side of the listed items. But if you want everything gone, it’s less time-consuming to hit the empty box on the right-hand side of the category name. Once it’s got a blue checkmark, click Free up space on the bottom-right side of the screen.
How Can I Free Up Storage Space On My Android Phone To My
You can uninstall your infrequently used apps in one click using the steps above, but there are other ways to delete apps from your phone, too. Often, I find myself downloading apps or games and forgetting about them, leaving them to take up space that could be filled with photos and videos of my dog. To see all of your apps in one place, open the Google Play Store app and click the Menu icon on the top-left. Navigate to My apps & games, then Installed.
How To Clear Space On Android Phone
You’re able to scroll through these applications. To uninstall them, you’ll want to click on the particular app. From there, there are options to Uninstall and Open.
Add Storage To Android Phone
By hitting Storage at the top, you can mass-delete apps by selecting multiples with checkmarks. Hit Free up space at the bottom to delete.
Backing up photos
On Android phones, it’s easy to back up your photos using Google Photos, which stores images privately on the cloud. To turn it on, you’ll need to open the Google Photos application and sign into your Google account, if you haven’t already done so. Click on the Menu icon. Hit Settings, then click Back up & sync. There’s a toggle button next to Back up & sync to turn the feature on or off, with other settings available for what to back up and when.
Once your photos are backed up, they can be safely removed from your device without fear of losing them — you can always download them from the cloud when you want them. Open the Google Photos application, then select the photos you want to remove (you can select these individually or do this in batches.) Click the More icon, which looks like three vertical dots, and navigate to Delete from device at the top-right of the screen.
Using a memory card
Some Android phones have extra slots for memory cards, often microSD cards. This is an easy way to add extra storage to your phone without having to delete everything you love off the device.
How Can I Free Up Storage Space On My Android Phone Online
First, check your specific phone’s instructions to see if it’s compatible with memory cards, and, if so, which kinds of cards it accepts. Memory card in hand, turn off your phone, insert the memory card into your device, and turn your phone back on. A notification called Set up should appear to help you install the card.
From there, you’re able to choose if you want to use the memory card as portable or internal storage. Portable storage is used for music, photos, and videos. You’re able to move this data from device to device if you want or need to, but apps can’t go in this sort of storage area. Internal storage is used for applications and data that come from your device’s store, and they won’t work if you remove the memory card and use it on another device.
To move apps from your phone to a memory card, go to the Settings page under Apps. Click the app you’d like to relocate to the memory card and hit Storage. Click Storage used and hit Change. Choose the new memory card and proceed from there.