If you import an MP3 into Audacity, edit it then export it as an MP3, you will lose quality twice, once in the original MP3 encoding of the imported audio, then again when you export it from Audacity as MP3. So never do production work in MP3, instead work with a lossless format such as WAV, AIFF or FLAC and for final use then export to MP3. Import and Export WAV, AIFF, MP3, AU, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files. Fast “On-Demand” import of WAV or AIFF files (letting you start work with the files almost immediately) if read directly from source. Import and export all formats supported by libsndfile such as GSM 6.10, 32-bit and 64-bit float WAV, RF64, and U/A-Law. You can easily convert FLAC to MP3 in Audacity. In fact, you can convert multiple FLAC to MP3 in Audacity. Audacity is a very famous multi platform and open source audio editor software with tremendous audio editing capabilities. How To Convert FLAC to MP3 in Audacity: Import single or multiple FLAC files to Audacity from its File menu.
Jul 15,2019 • Filed to: Record Audio • Proven solutions
Can Audacity convert MP4 to MP3 ? How to do it ? Audacity could create an output file in mp3. In this article, we will introduce the tutorial to convert MP4 to MP3 by Audacity . Besides, we will also show you the easiest way to convert MP4 videos to MP3.
Add Mp3 To Audacity
Audacity allows you to convert MP4 videos files to MP3 audio format easily. The following is what you will need to do.
1. First, open the Audacity MP4 video file that you would like to convert. You can do this by double clicking on the video file, or by right clicking on it, and then choose 'Open With' to select a media player that you would like to open with.
2. When the MP4 video file starts playing, click 'Pause' immediately to pause it. Then rewind it to the beginning so as to make sure that no information is left out.
3. After that, open Audacity, and then look for the Record button and then click on it.
4. After clicking the Record button in Audacity, go back to the media player that you opened the file with, and then click 'Play'. As the video plays, Audacity will be recording the audio information from it.
5. Wait until the MP4 video file finishes playing, and then close the media player.
6. After that, go back to Audacity and then click 'Stop'.
7. And then you will go to File in Audacity, and then choose 'Export as MP3'.
8. In the window that will come up, give the audio file a name, and then click Export. You can trace the location of the MP3 audio file created on your computer to play it.
Part 2. The Simplest Way to Convert MP4 Videos to MP3
In case converting MP4 to MP3 with Audacity seems complex or confusing, you do not have to worry because there is a simplest way to go about it. iMusic will be a great alternative if you want to record an MP4 video to MP3.
Convert MP4 to MP3 with iMusic
Not only is this application great for converting MP4 video files to MP3, but also for recording unlimited music from sites such as YouTube, Spotify, Rhapsody, iTunes Radio, AOL Music, just to mention but a few. It continuously records playing music and splits tracks automatically in case you would like to separate music tracks. You can also use this application to burn the recorded music to CD with absolute ease.
iMusic - Best Audacity Alternative to Record Audio with Original Quality
- Download music from more than 3000 music sites by copying and pasting the URL.
- Record unlimited music from any website for playback in your computer with just one click.
- Built-in music library let you browse and preview the lattest and hottest music.
- Automatically save downloaded/recorded music to library for management and easy transfer.
- Identify and tag music with artist, title, album, genre, and more with the latest technology.
- Transfer downloaded music from iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android to iTunes/Windows/Mac/iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android easily.
- 1 click to burn music to CDs with original quality.
This application has lots of amazing features that make it the perfect choice for recording music as well as converting MP4 videos to MP3. The following are some of these features.
- It filters out ads between tracks automatically. You do not need to worry about advertisements that pop up when you are recoding music online because this application will filter them out.
- It has an integrated media player that allows you to play the recorded music with ease. You will not need to install another media player on your computer to play the recorded music.
- It allows you to transfer the recorded music to iTunes with absolute ease. It has an 'Add to iTunes' button that enables you to add the music to iTunes library or playlist directly.
- It records music with 100 percent original quality. This is made possible by a virtual sound card that is used to capture the audio.
Steps to Record MP4 Video to MP3
To be able to convert your MP4 video files to MP3 format on your Mac PC using this application, the following is what you will need to do.
Step 1. Download and install iMusic. After the installation has finished successfully, you will need to load the program, and then click on the 'GET MUSIC' > 'Record'. Next, click the red record button. Look for the MP4 video file that you would like to convert, and then open it in your favorite media player. Once the MP4 video starts playing, the application will detect its audio and then start to record automatically.
Step 2. When you have recorded a song and want to check the audio quality, just go to the Library by clicking the Library button on top and double click any file to play it. You can also find the audio file you want to play through the Cover Flow, and then double click on the artwork image to play it.
Free Lossless Audio Codec or FLAC is an open-source, compressed audio format that retains the full fidelity of the original recording. FLAC files are about 50-60% smaller than their uncompressed cousins, WAVE and PCM files, yet they do not compromise quality to reach their smaller size. This is in contrast to lossy formats such as MP3 and AAC. The latter files sacrifice data to achieve an even smaller footprint, which is still sufficient for portable digital players with limited storage capacity. For this reason some people choose to convert FLAC to MP3 files.
If you are willing to pay for software, plenty of FLAC to MP3 converters are available for about $30 US Dollars (USD) or less. These programs can be found with any search engine, providing many conversion options such as output quality and editing of id3 tags, or the title, artist and so on.
Convert Audacity To Mp3
For thrifty music lovers who prefer using free tools and are fine with 128-bit output quality, the Eufony Free FLAC MP3 Converter© by HongLiang Tang will allow you to import one or more FLAC files, and with the touch of a button, convert them automatically to 128-bit MP3 files. This free version is adware-free, unlike many other 'free' converters. The paid version of this program includes options to create 192-bit, 256-bit and 320-bit MP3 files, plus the ability to convert into additional audio formats.
For audiophiles and geeks, there is one MP3 encoder that is considered the best and it is not only cross-platform, but free. The catch is, it is a command line program, and so is typically used with a graphic user interface (GUI) or 'front-end' program to make it point-and-click friendly. Alternately, it is used as a plug-in inside another program. This encoder is called LAME. When LAME is downloaded and extracted to a folder, other programs or GUIs can be installed that will use LAME to convert FLAC to MP3 files.
Perhaps one of the most versatile programs that utilizes LAME to convert FLAC to MP3 files is the open-source, free editing studio, Audacity©. The advantage of Audacity© is that it is a full-fledged audio editor and recorder that can be used for everything from transferring cassette tapes to your hard disk, to creating ringtones for your phone. Like LAME, it is also cross-platform, working with Windows®, Mac® and Linux®.
After installing Audacity©, LAME should be installed. Instructions exist on the Audacity© website for those who require them. Once it is set up, open a FLAC file inside Audacity® then choose File, Export, and 'MP3' for the saved file type. Click the Options button to choose output quality and bitrate mode. Then click Save. You will also have an opportunity to edit id3 tags. The conversion process from FLAC to MP3 goes very fast.
If uninterested in an audio studio, you might find Foobar2000© more to your liking. This free, popular Windows® player also uses LAME to convert FLAC to MP3 files, and there are several other programs and GUIs.
Convert Flac To Mp3 Audacity
For those who would like to rip CDs to FLAC rather than to WAVE or PCM, you can download and install the FLAC codec by visiting flac.sourceforge.net and clicking on the download link. FLAC is an excellent format to archive original music because it takes up less space then WAVE or PCM. Many software players recognize FLAC including the free, open-source, cross-platform media player, VLC©.