- You can watch Disney Plus on most smart TVs simply by downloading the app from your TV's app store.
- If you don't have a smart TV, or your smart TV doesn't offer access to the Disney Plus app, you can use a variety of streaming devices to get Disney Plus on your TV.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you have kids — or if you just really love Disney movies — Disney Plus is probably a no-brainer option for you as far as streaming subscriptions go. But once you've subscribed, the next obstacle is getting it on your TV.
During the Disney Investor stream they announced the service for PlayS. It seems the Disney+ Streaming service may have a chance of coming to Nintendo Switch! During the Disney Investor stream. Disney+ is the home for your favorite movies and TV shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. Sign up for Disney+ and start streaming today. Disney+ is the home for your favorite movies and TV shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. Sign up for Disney+ and start streaming today.
There are a few different ways to go about it. If you have a smart TV, what you have to do is download the app from the TV's app store. Here's how to do it on a variety of TVs.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Chromecast (from $30 at Best Buy)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (from $45.63 at Amazon)
Disney Plus monthly subscription (from $6.99 a month at Disney)
Samsung 50-inch Smart TV (from $399.99 at Best Buy)
How to get Disney Plus on Roku TV and Samsung smart TV
1. On your TV's home screen, scroll through the apps until you see the 'Add Channel' option and select it.© Melanie Weir/Business Insider Select 'Add Channel' from the home screen. Melanie Weir/Business Insider
2. Scroll through the suggested options until you see the Disney Plus app, then select it.© Melanie Weir/Business Insider Scroll until you find Disney Plus. Melanie Weir/Business Insider
3. Press 'Add channel' to add it to the list of channels on your home screen.© Melanie Weir/Business Insider Select 'Add channel.' Melanie Weir/Business Insider
4. Return to 'Home,' open the Disney Plus app, and log in or sign up.
How to get Disney Plus on a Sony smart TV, LG smart TV, or Philips smart TV
1. From the home screen, go to the Google Play Store, Sony Select, or LG Content Store.
2. In the search box, type 'Disney+.'
3. Select the Disney Plus app when it appears.
4. Press 'Install.'
5. Once installed, go back to the home screen to open the app and log in or sign up.
Unfortunately, if you have a Panasonic smart TV, you're out of luck as far as downloading the Disney Plus app goes. According to a statement from the company, 'Panasonic recognises the importance of supporting popular video on demand services and we are continuously working to provide native support on our televisions where possible.'
Disney Plus On Switch 2021
Install xampp on centos 7 free. So, while it's not available now, it may become available in the near future.
Don't worry though: If that's the TV you have, or you don't have a smart TV at all, you have other options.
How to get Disney Plus on your Chromecast built-in smart TV
If you have a smart TV that doesn't list Disney Plus in its app store, you may still be able to cast what you're watching to your TV from your phone. Many smart TVs have Chromecast built-in, meaning you can cast content onto your TV without having the Chromecast plug-in device.
1. Tap the cast icon in the top right corner of the Disney Plus app on your mobile device. If it's possible to cast Disney Plus to your TV, it will appear on the list of casting options.© Melanie Weir/Business Insider Tap the cast icon to see if you can connect to your TV directly from your phone. Melanie Weir/Business Insider
2. Select your TV from the list of available devices, and the Disney Plus app should connect to your TV. You can select what you want to watch on the app, and it will play on the TV.
How to get Disney Plus on your TV using a streaming device
If you don't have a smart TV, you can essentially turn yours into a smart TV using a streaming device that will plug into your TV's HDMI port.
If you choose the Amazon Fire Stick or a Roku device, you'll be able to get Disney Plus from your app store in a similar way to the methods listed above for smart TVs.
If you choose a Google Chromecast plug-in device, you'll be able to cast to your TV using the same method described for Chromecast built-in TVs — the only difference is that you need to plug the Chromecast device into your TV's HDMI port if your TV doesn't have it built in. You can Chromecast from any device, such as your iPhone, iPad, Mac computer, Android, or any Google Chrome web browser.
If all else fails, you can plug an HDMI cable into your TV, connect it to your laptop, and play your videos from the Disney Plus web browser.
So, no matter what kind of TV you have, you should be able to find a way to watch Disney Plus on it, as long as you have a working HDMI port available.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:Last week, I reviewed my first 24 hour impressions with the new Disney+ service.
During the free trial, I decided this is pretty good and worth keeping. Then I had to decide if I wanted to commit to a full year and save a few bucks or pay monthly. After a long deliberation, I decided to go for the 12-month $69.99 plan!
Little did I know it was going to be impossible to switch my payment plan from monthly to annual (and vice versa) during the free 7-day trial after I had selected monthly $6.99 plan at sign-up. I was not thinking about the 12-month option at such an early stage in the purchase consideration cycle and thought there would be a simple toggle in my account later that I could just switch plan options easily. WRONG!
I tried from a web browser, mobile app on Android and iOS, iPad, and via Roku on my TV. From the Account page, it would show my 'Monthly' plan section under Subscription, but no way to change it. And I wasn't interested in switching to the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu bundle!
|Account page's Subscription section|
- Switch to Disney bundle, like on previous screen, or
- Cancel Subscription
|Billing Details page|
I also tried to search in the Disney+ Help section. Nada! I tried to initiate a live chat with Disney+, but after
Disney Plus On Switchwaiting in the queue for over 1 hour, I gave up. So I tried to call them and the IVR warned me the average wait time would be about 90 mins!
Disney Plus On Switch Lite
Horrible customer service experience so far! I get it's due to its popularity, but it also speaks to perhaps Disney wasn't quite ready for launch and did not fully anticipate all customer needs.
Can You Get Disney Plus On Switch
Then I did what any sensible, desperate consumer would do -- Google it! Surprisingly, I couldn't find anything either in Google or YouTube.
Anyways, I finally figured out a solution and thought I would share it to save others the same headache. Here's how to switch your Disney+ plan:
- Cancel your free trial before the period ends and your credit card is charged based on the existing payment plan shown in your Account
- Wait until your service is actually cancelled
- Disney+ will email you a 'We are sorry to see you go' email when they cut you off with a 'Restart Subscription' link
- Click on the email link to reactivate your account
- You will get a Welcome Back! screen that let's you switch plans!
|Switching Disney+ Plans During Re-activation|
Can You Get Disney Plus On SwitchFrom what I can tell, the same steps are required to switch your plan not just during the free trial, but also when you're a paying customer because the Account page looks the same as above now that I'm a subscriber. Disney+ says any changes to your account won't take effect until the end of the current billing cycle and they do not offer partial refunds. That likely explains why they never thought through this use case very well. #FAIL
Hope that helps!