- Audacity is an easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Developed by a group of volunteers as open source and offered free of charge.
- WavePad is Music and Audio Editor that allows you to create and edit voice, music.
- 1 day ago Good News: They work with Android as well as iOS devices. Bad News: They’re currently only being sold in India. The Gaming Triggers from OnePlus dropped randomly out of the blue when company CEO Pete Lau tweeted about them. According to Lau, they’re solid, responsive, and pleasingly clicky – and they’re built to work with any smartphone (regardless of their make), because “the best.
By Jeff DeLia Basically, Audacity is a type of open-sourced and free digitalised audio editing software which can also act as a recording application.
- To export Audacity files as MP3s, you just need to use the 'Export' option in the program's 'File' menu.
- Older versions of Audacity can't export MP3s natively, and you'll need to install an add-on called the 'LAME MP3 encoder' to do so.
- When you export an Audacity file as an MP3 track, you can specify its name, artist, genre, and more.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Audacity is a popular audio-editing program that's free, powerful, and easy to use.
Using Audacity, you can produce music, podcasts, and other audio projects without needing to buy an expensive commercial audio program.
When your audio project is completed, though, you typically need to save it as an MP3 so it can be published and shared.
Luckily, exporting Audacity files as MP3s only takes a moment. Here's how to do it using Audacity on your Mac or PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $179.99 at Walmart)
How to export Audacity files as MP3s
1. In Audacity, click 'File' at the top of the screen.
Gallery: 6 ways that Apple's next major iPhone OS update makes it much, much more like Android (Business Insider)
2. In the drop-down menu, click 'Export' and then choose 'Export as MP3.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Save your audio as an MP3 via the Export menu. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
3. At the bottom of the dialog box in the Format Options section, choose your MP3 settings. As a general rule, you'll get the best results by choosing 'Constant' for the 'Bit Rate Mode' rather than one of the variable bitrate options. Choose the bitrate from the 'Quality' drop-down menu (if in doubt, choose 192 kbps or higher) and then save your file.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider For best results, save your file as a constant bitrate MP3 at 192 kbps or higher. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
4. In the 'Edit Metadata Tags' window, fill in as much information as you desire about your MP3 file. Download film semi korea hot 18 full. This data is entirely optional, but will be visible if you import your file into programs like iTunes. Click 'OK' when you're done.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider This metadata may be visible in certain audio apps. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
How to export Audacity files as MP3s using older versions of Audacity
In older versions of Audacity, you couldn't convert audio to MP3 without first installing an MP3 encoder add-on to your Mac or PC. This is because the encoding library was protected by a patent, and couldn't legally be included with Audacity.
Audacity Smartphone Software
The patent has expired, though, and the most current version of Audacity includes the MP3 encoder. If you have an older version of Audacity, you can install the LAME MP3 encoder, and then restart Audacity.
However, it's easier to just install the latest version of Audacity. If you do, not only will you get built-in MP3 exports, but you'll receive an improved version of Audacity as well.